Welcome to the California State University Financial Officers Association's
(FOA) Homepage. The primary purpose of the FOA is:
- assist the CSU, under the direction of the Chief Administrative/Business
Officers (CABO), in planning, developing and communicating new and improved
policies and procedures related to accounting and budgeting issues.
Advise the Chancellor's Office on the implementation of these policies
- provide a means to collaborate with the Chancellor's Office staff
to review and comment upon proposed legislation and regulations and
to help shape the CSU responses.
- plan and facilitate continued personal and professional development
and training of financial officers and their staff in the CSU.
- provide collective, proactive leadership in support of the CSU and/or
individual campuses in the development of creative and innovative programs
through optimum use of technology designed to deliver cost effective,
value added, financial services to campus customers.
- provide a forum in which the collective professional concerns of the
Financial Officers of the CSU can be shared and explored with the Chancellor's
- establish a consortium for the discussion, development and interchange
of knowledge, information, skills and methods for solving accounting,
budgeting, and related problems encountered by its membership.
- identify and establish standards to facilitate communications and
reporting among membership.
FOA Training Opportunities